January 2022 Round Up


First month of 2022 ended. Highlights:

1) I subscribed to Coraza IPO and it shot up more than 200% on the first day. I was elated. I plan to hold on to this long term, barring any special circumstances.

2) 2 days after it was Sen Heng IPO, which I also subscribed. Remember this was at the back of that ++200% appreciation of Coraza. I suffered ~17% LOSS. I should've stuck to my trading plan: exit at 7% no matter what. Instead I held on and held on until finally capitulated. After the IPO day the stock plunged further. I was glad that I exited, yet I'd be more glad had I exited much earlier.

Lesson: treat each position differently. Do not think that you'd definitely make money in everything. Have an exit plan, and execute it MERCILESSLY!

Lesson learned. I have never suffered such a massive loss in a single day by that much.

3) Yet on the back of realizing that 17% LOSS I quickly went on to do revenge trade. I quickly added more positions on Hartalega, Takaful and Scomnet. While I already knew that I wanted to add more to these positions, I definitely definitely definitely shouldn't have done that merely minutes after I realized that 17% LOSS. I was 'lucky' in that I only bought positions that I already wanted to buy, instead of adding into some stupid penny stocks and wishing I could make up for that 17% LOSS.

Lesson: after you suffered LOSS (or even made quick PROFIT), LOGG OFF. LOGG OFF. LOGG OFF. Stay away from the terminal. Internalize the emotions from that LOSS/PROFIT. Do not trade for at least 1 more day. Do not succumb to your emotions.

Well, I'm glad the loss didn't completely wipe me out. But still lesson learned.

4) I also added more Mi, MyEG and FrontKen, just before the tech sell off! I wish I had waited for maybe 1 week before adding these positions, but I couldn't have known that there'd be sell off. I anyway want to hold on to these for decades, so actually it shouldn't matter (though of course I can't help but to rue it for now).

My current portfolio (i.e, the ones that I stil lhold on) stands at -0.5% loss, including dividends.
My total record (all positions + realized profits and loss) stands at -5.1% loss, including dividends.

In the incoming months, I will add more positions to the ones that I already have (except maybe Coraza, Ecomate and Kossan). I probably will open 1-2 positions for large mid/cap stocks to reduce the stomach churning volatility of my portfolio. I'm thinking maybe Guan Chong or Scientex.

 

Comments

Popular Posts