4Q 2019

I'd like to revisit my finance, career and life journey as we're already towards the end of October, the first month of 4Q 2019.

Since 1Q 2019, I've managed to contain myself from making too many moves in the market. I've trimmed and concentrate my positions to only 8. I didn't buy or sell anything since several months. It's actually really hard not to do anything in the market, especially with too many positions. I'm going to only concentrate my positions on counters where I really have high convictions I will not lose money.

The global market is getting weaker, including Malaysian one. Initially I had planned to do a 40:30:30 ratio of  young/high-growth/turnaround:growth:dividend-play for my stocks. And stay invested.

Now I feel that I should exit and take as much profit as I can, and only keep some thematic plays, i.e: Mi Technovation for winner in trade war, Air Asia for Visit Malaysia 2020, and Leong Hup for stable consumer chicken stock.

It's hard not to be swayed by the market, even after you've written what you initially wanted to do in a blog like this.

My biggest winner so far is Mi Technovation, where in a move I bought at RM1.45 for an unrealized gain of 67.6% (last price of RM2.43 at the time of writing). I should be proud myself on this one as I topped up my initial positions even at that time I was sitting on a small unrealized gain at that RM1.45 price.



Comments

Popular Posts