Positions Round Up: March 2019

March 2019 has been a small improvement in my portfolio, despite a rather dismal performance of the bourse. My portfolio improved to a -2.2% total return on the last trading day of the month (compared to -2.5% in February 2019).

The slight improvement was helped by dividends paid from Hartalega (0.4%) and Kawan Food (1.4%).

This is how the composition of my portfolio look like:


There are three points I want to say here: 1) The composition of the micro/small caps + turnaround company, 2) Air Asia acquisition, and 3) strong showing of MyEG and Sapura Energy.

The composition of the micro/small caps + turnaround companies

I haven't come up with an acronym for this yet. But this part of the pie chart represents stocks that are high risk-high return. I planned to have their composition at 40%; yet currently there are only 17%. I expect I will only be able to achieve the 40% allocation towards the end of the year, as I don't think it make sense to just go and buy more of these stocks or other stocks that meet the criteria, regardless of price.

Air Asia acquisition

I've purchased a rather huge amount of Air Asia, and am expecting a ~5% dividend this month (April 2019).

Strong showing of MyEG and Sapura Energy

MyEG finally rallied, after months of giving me thousands of (post-buying) second thoughts.



Till then, stay knowledgable, stay invested.

Comments

Popular Posts