Finance Round Up: January 2019


January 2019 has been one of those months where I've managed to capture almost all of my expenditures and income (I definitely have captured all income, but probably have missed expenditure here and there).

I'll only show a donut chart of my spending here:


Rent and Essential Food (breakfast, lunch, dinner, fruits, groceries) comprise the most of my spending in January. I overspend a little on Transport as I traveled rather heavily, but still at an acceptable level. I'm rather happy (ha ha) that Reading Materials (books and newspapers) tops Non-essential Food (coffee, snacks, soft drinks). I should give myself a pat on the back.


I've managed to spend less than my targeted budget, which is awesome. I've also contributed to EPF on my own, plus deployed more capital into my stock portfolio. So in February, I'll allow myself to relax a little.

Another financial win is that I've finally finished Phillip Fisher's book: Common Stocks and Uncommon Profits. I'll write a review on it some time later, as I'd need to reread some sections. Some parts are not so easy for someone without finance or business background like me.

February will be a short month, with only 28 total days and 17 trading days. Expecting more corporate announcements in this month: it will be much better than what the analysts are expecting given their widespread fear back in December. The month will probably be another good month like January, and I expect my stock portfolio to narrow the loss.

Though it most likely not return to black. If it does and it does so rapidly that would signify a sudden enthusiasm in the market, and it's not always good. If any of my positions are quickly hypervalued I will perhaps sell my positions then.

Though now I'm contemplating whether to increase my holding in Sapura Energy, as the price has sunk again with surrounding deeply negative sentiments, despite outstanding order books for potentially 2-3 years to come. This is an extremely attractive opportunity. I'll have to think a bit more about this.


Comments

Popular Posts