2018 Tax Filing: Precalculation for Lifestyle Section



While the 2018 tax filing season is still some way to go, I feel it is better to look back at my 2018 expenses that historically could be relieved and start organizing the numbers. Additionally, I've already made several similar purchases in 2019, so it's necessary to separate the two.


This time I'll only show my expenses on the "Lifestyle" category, as stated by the the Inland Revenue Board of Malaysia.




In total I spent just ~RM1,300 last year under the category, slightly less than half of the amount allowable under the category which is RM2,500. The majority comes from books and gym membership.


This year I will double down on reading on money and finances, so the expenses on books and related magazine will increase. I can't commit to go to the gym more regularly, yet.

Comments

Popular Posts