Positions 271218


Today is December 27th 2018, a day after the historic rebound at the Wall Street.
Following the bounce, KLCI similarly improved today.

Here's my current position in KLSE. Note that I haven't been diligent in documenting of my change of positions in the market.



Out-of-Balance
Sector-wise, my portfolio is askew. It is heavy on the construction and property sectors, which are deemed weak by many out there. In total, Favco, IJM and Mah Sing account for 11% + 14% + 9% = 34% of my portfolio.

Inari and Mi Equipment, both under the technology sector, account for 14% + 6% = 20%.

I tend to think myEG as services, Tenaga as utilities, while Sime Darby as "general industries".

Sapura Energy, under oil and gas, is rather negligible at 1%.

MyETFID as an index tracker is also low at only 5%.

In the near future, I plan to increase diversification to
1) include more dividend stocks, and
2) reduce my exposure to the construction and property sector.

I will achieve this by both injecting new funds and selling some of my current exposure. I have to bear in mind that if I sell anything from Favco or Mah Sing, I'll be forgoing potential high dividends from these guys. They typically pay out ~5% dividends in September each year. Additionally, both companies are strong companies and running on net cash.

New Investment Ideas
I've been researching on these counters, with my own perception on their classification:
  • Bursa Malaysia, under finance sector
    • strong growth, strong dividend
  • Fraser & Neave, consumer products sector
    • slow (almost no?) growth, strong dividend
  • Scientex, industrial products + property (!!!!) sector
    • strong growth, weak dividend
  • Hartalega, healthcare sector
    • strong growth, weak dividend


Performance
As it is, my portfolio, including paid dividends, is down at -10.2%. The portfolio is almost 6 months old.

Speaking of dividends, tomorrow I'm expecting the fat 40sen dividend from Air Asia!


Comments

Popular Posts